Google's Treasury team is on a mission to optimize the return on Google's financial assets. As a member of this team, you're always looking for innovative ways to help Google invest for the future while limiting volatility and material surprises. In addition to risk busting and asset management, you work collaboratively to administer business insurance programs and stock programs, and provide financial analysis support to our internal teams. You make creative yet calculated decisions that are backed by both experience and your extensive knowledge of the economy and financial industry.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Conduct fundamental credit research of investment grade corporate debt securities; analyze individual credits as well as trends and themes within assigned industry sectors
- Make investment recommendations based on relative value assessments and perform ongoing monitoring and analysis of investments
- Help establish and execute procedures and processes to support the in-house investment grade credit research platform and other Google Treasury teams on projects requiring credit expertise
- Assist in the implementation of portfolio management tools and systems to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of managing our portfolios
- Provide ad hoc in-depth analytical and quantitative support for the overall Google portfolio management team
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of credit research experience with a focus on investment grade corporate strategies
- MBA and/or CFA
- Experience covering the financial sector, including banking, insurance, and REITS
- Excellent spreadsheet, analytical/quantitative and organizational skills, as well as a demonstrated capability of handling multiple ad hoc requests simultaneously
- Ability to present clear and concise recommendations to senior management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills