The role of Coordinator, Lazard Global Communications, is a rare opportunity for a college graduate to embark on a communications career at Lazard, one of the most prestigious brands in the financial services industry. The position plays a crucial role in performing administrative tasks for Lazard’s NY-based global communications team, as well as serving as a liaison between the team in NY and Lazard senior management and employees, as well as media, including journalists and influencers on digital, print, wires and broadcast platforms. The Global Communications Coordinator also will gain skills in contributing to and executing on digital media campaigns, both internally and externally.
This position requires ambition to become a communications professional, creativity, excellent verbal and written communication skills, rigorous attention to detail and process, organized, ability to work and maintain composure under deadline, familiarity with digital communications and platforms, collaboration with colleagues in different countries, and the highest integrity for working with confidential information.
• Provide administrative support to Lazard’s global communications team, which is responsible for all external and internal communications for the firm (Corporate, Financial Advisory and Asset Management), as well as executive positioning and a spokesperson bureau
• Coordinate media requests and follow-up, while serving as liaison between journalists/influencers and communications team members
• Monitor media, including traditional and social, for mentions of Lazard, its people, and the industry, on a timely basis
• Maintain media and speakers bureau databases
• Coordinate scheduling for external and internal communications meetings
• Help to draft and publish content via internal and external social platforms
• Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
• Light administrative duties for the MD and communications team in New York
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly professional, organized, detail and deadline oriented, attentive to accuracy, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Computer skills, including Internet research, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and familiarity with digital and social media platforms
• Ability to take direction easily and work collaboratively
• Knowledge of financial services industry a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or other writing-related degree