The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Valuations practice.
- Manage and deliver business and intangible valuations for mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, restructuring and reorganization, corporate services and management planning purposes
- Design the scope of work for engagements, oversee day-to-day activities, assume responsibility for quality control and accuracy of client deliverables, and effectively manage risk associated with engagements
- Build, maintain, and enhance client relationships
- Perform reviews of third party appraisals for audit support purposes
- Supervise and mentor staff; provide timely and effective performance feedback and training
- Assist in business development efforts; collaborate with other KPMG practices to build cross-functional relationships
- A minimum of five years of financial advisory and valuation experience within a business valuation firm or valuation practice of an audit, tax and advisory firm with a strong finance and/or accounting background
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or business from an accredited college/university; CFA, Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), and/or CPA is a plus
- Completion of fifty percent or more of the coursework and testing requirements toward a relevant advanced degree from an accredited college/university and/or professional designation such as CFA or ASA
- Significant experience with valuations of business entities and intangible assets, purchase price allocations, analyzing goodwill and long lived asset impairment, supporting a company’s value for bidding or asking price plans, litigation support, and financial analysis and research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid analytical and financial modeling skills, the ability to work well in a team environment and a commitment to mentoring and developing staff
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple valuation engagements and manage client relationships
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, or other legally protected status. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.