Role Title: Investment Counsellor – International
Business: Private Banking
New or Existing Role? Existing
- International Investment Counsellor
- International Investment Counsellors (IC) service the International client segment in the Private Bank and the underlying client book is typically made up of individuals and families who have sophisticated investment and hence seek a more tailored service from the Private Bank.
- Given the breadth of asset class and investment focus involved, combined with the front facing aspect, the role requires a combination of robust technical ability and strong client facing skills.
- ICs are client-facing investment specialists who position the investment message of the Private Bank in a portfolio context and provide investment advice directly to clients.
- ICs work in conjunction with Relationship Managers (RM) on prospect pitches by delivering the Private Bank’s investment ethos and services to potential clients, therefore credibilty with the International RM team is key.
- Advice encompasses both discretionary services available and advisory recommendations. Responsible for the positioning/delivery of investment solutions to clients and prospects of the HSBC Private Bank, with the primary objectives of:
- Partnering with RMs to offer appropriate investment solutions to clients.
- Attracting/enhancing client relationships and profitability.
- Being accountable for assessing client needs, developing a comprehensive investment strategy, coordinating sales and execution against that strategy, and monitoring performance and appropriateness of the client’s overall investment portfolio.
Impact on Business
- Partner with the International RM team, ISPS ,Compliance, Risk and Marketing.
- Know your client , Increase share of wallet with clients and drive increased return on assets.
- Improve clients’ portfolios ensuring alignment with risk profile and investment objectives.
- Monitor and follow-up on clients investments
- Work with the wider ISPS team to help bring the best of HSBC to International clients and their advisers.
Customers / Stakeholders
- External clients
- The International RM team.
- The IC team, GPB ISPS, PWS, Compliance and Risk
- Other Group Entities, such as Global Asset Manaegement
- Internal and external regulators
Leadership & Teamwork
- Act with courageous integrity : adhere to HSBC Values and business principles
- Provide constructive feedback on business, products, team members or strategy
- Proactively engage with RMs, Desk Heads and other product specialists.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintain a strong control environment
- Contribute to sustainable cost savings
- Adhere to conduct framework, ensuring suitability of products to customer requirements and putting the customers’ needs first
- Contribute to development of automation and analytics
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- CFA preferred
- RDR minimum level 6 qualified
Candidates need to have advisory experience especially for UKRND and/or CEE clients
- Acknowledged professional experience in investment advisory role
- Significant experience operating within UK regulatory environment (or similar)
- Language skills desirable. Russian an advantage although not essential.
European languages also a plus
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
For more information about the relevant additional checks for this role please contact the hiring manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
Job Field: Private Banking
Primary Location: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Type of Vacancy: Global vacancy