We are looking for a bright, financially literate writer to help us manage our pipeline of thought leadership publications. This person will help us maintain rigorous content standards and will work closely with senior investment personnel and sales and marketing managers to identify and develop research topics.
He or she will be responsible for maintaining the global thought leadership calendar and will help to structure and edit research drafts. The writer will work closely with editorial and marketing colleagues to find ways to adapt the research content to different formats and audiences.
Strong writing and editing skills are essential to the role as is an intermediate to advanced command of investment concepts. This position has good visibility and growth prospects and the writer will be part of a tight-knit, collegial global editorial team.
- Manage the global thought leadership calendar and working group discussions
- Edit and project manage research drafts
- Maintain high standards of thought leadership content
- Ensure projects run smoothly, conducting necessary investment team outreach and follow up
- Collaborate with editorial lead to ensure proper resourcing and planning of projects
- Create keynote presentations for the institutional and retail marketplaces; must be able to effectively “tell the story” through the use of graphical data
- Assist with other editorial work as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree, with graduate work in a related discipline preferable. CFA charterholder preferred, or significant progress toward obtaining charter
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in financial services, journalism, or a related industry
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to visualize and depict quantitative information
- Journalistic instincts with a nose for the story
- Good interpersonal skills
- Deadline oriented
- Familiarity with data platforms a plus (e.g., Bloomberg, FactSet, Haver Analytics)
- Intermediate to expert user of MS Office desirable, particularly Excel charting functions
- Writing samples required upon request
- A writing test will be administered for candidates who advance