Role Title: Manager, Investment Product
Business: RBWM Group Wealth Management
New or Existing Role? Existing
- Reporting to the Head of Investments and Senior Manager in the team, this role is in the Group Wealth Investment Product team which is part of Group Wealth Products, Services and Insights within the Global RBWM. Providing support for the technical, strategic and operational aspects of investment products, the role holder will be expected to take direct responsibility for specific items such as:
- Acting as subject matter expert for investment products and services (e.g. Mutual Funds, Managed Solutions, Discretionary Portfolio Management, Portfolio Advisory Services, Investment Financing)
- Support the team in ongoing Wealth product innovation with the aim to build a best-in-class investment solutions product shelf.
- Acting as first point of contact for RBWM Wealth countries, specifically in Europe and LATAM, support all Wealth Investment Product related efforts, including but not limited to helping markets achieve key financial and non-financial metrics, adherence product governance (new product or initiative approval), product and shelf review, implementation of product strategy and any other adhoc request.
- Working with Business Management teams and other stakeholders to manage key Management Information
- Supporting the team to manage relationships with GFAR, AMG, PB and Third Party Fund Houses
- Maintaining good working relationships with country and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure investment efforts are well supported
- This role will support sustainable global competitive advantage for RBWM and contributes to the revenue outcomes of Group Wealth globally. Increasingly Wealth Management as a strategic segment is crucial to the business model for RBWM.
- As a GCB 5, the role holder will be responsible for general investment product and services support across Group, Region, Priority Countries and International Countries. The role holder will be expected to promote best practices in product management, contributing to the implementation of a global Wealth investment product and services strategic plan for RBWM. This includes contributing to globally consistent investment product and services standards, development and deployment of innovative products and services, optimization of existing product shelf, as well as growing revenues across the globe. The role holder will contribute to the development and management of the global product shelf by supporting specific activity such as mutual fund performance management.
- The role supports the implementation of component parts of the Wealth product strategy and works with a globally diverse team within Group Wealth and local countries. The role supports activity which generates profitability and grows market share as well as improves the customer experience. The role holder will work closely with other parts of the Group Wealth Team (Sales & Distribution; Financial Planning; Insights; Business Performance and Propositions & Premier) to support delivery of the overall Wealth strategy.
- The role holder will work on activity which contributes to the delivery of:
- A best-in-class investment product and services shelf for RBWM (e.g. Mutual Funds, Managed Solutions, Discretionary Portfolio Management, Portfolio Advisory Services)
- Market leading product innovation and perception of Investment Products team as subject matter experts
- A robust process for ongoing investment product management (e.g. Performance monitoring, Fund house engagement, GFAR interaction)
- Strong governance processes around investment product and services (e.g. Contribution to Product Executive Committees; Business Performance Reviews)
- Strong working relationships within the Group Wealth, Regional and Country teams
- Supporting markets in achieving AOP targets for Investment Products.
Impact on Business
- Supporting a globally consistent strategy for Investment Product across RBWM wealth markets to ensure strategic alignment and fit with the RBWM strategy.
- Support the implementation of global scalable and standardised business practices for Investment Product as directed Provide support for elements of the global strategic transformational development of Investment Product with the output of providing a world class RM and client experience
- Supporting the implementation of global KPIs and measurement for the Wealth Investment Product business.
- Support implementation of new capabilities of Investment Product to support AOP.
- Works on activity which contributes to the delivery of global change management programmes and initiatives required to deliver the strategy for RBWM and the Wealth Investment Product business.
- Partners globally with AMG, External Fund Houses, local RBWM product teams and other Group teams to support appropriate components and parts of the strategy and practice for the Investment Product business.
Customers / Stakeholders
- The role operates across Wealth Management and supports initiatives such as Investment Product and Services development and management. Stakeholder management is therefore multi-faceted across geography, proposition, product, channel, internal and external to RBWM and the specialism of Investment Products:
- Supports the integration between stakeholders across the geographic and business/functional aspects of the RBWM franchise (and other Global Businesses).
- Responsible for operating within specific agreed SLAs. Stakeholders are not defined internally but include regulatory, market, customer requirements and third party relationships.
- Supports collaboration between global, regional and country teams, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influencing of change outcomes.
- Helps to obtain buy-in from and influencing senior management and stakeholders for specific key initiatives, commitments, changes
- Typical stakeholders include: Other Group Wealth teams (sales, insights, other product and service etc, country product and sales teams, AMG, external fund houses
- The role works on collaboration with stakeholders to ultimately benefit the provision of services to the customer
- Clear adherence to governance of SLAs for Investment Product and Services
- Fosters and promotes a customer centric ethos, using operational knowledge and experience to continuously identify with stakeholders strategic in the investment product and services business.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Supporting collaboration across Group and RBWM, including Group, region, priority countries and international countries. geography, proposition, product, channel, employee, customer, risk, finance and marketing functions
- Working in close collaboration with stakeholders for the benefit of business enhancement of investment product services.
- Supports the implementation of specific strategic activity in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Acts as a contact point and SME for the wealth business and works the matrix effectively to influence change in the organisation and promote greater effectiveness in delivery
- Highlights opportunities to integrate, simplify and streamline investment product business activity.
- Works in a facilitative manner in the matrix to progress business objectives.
- Acts in a manner that transparently promotes the organisations values and delivers in an aligned manner.
- Contributes to an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Highlights opportunities that supports delivery across RBWM, institutionalizing standard best practices to remove unnecessary complexity and increase stability.
- Adhere to governance structure(s) and standards across Group, Region, Priority Countries and International Countries
- Support and manages operational risk by ensuring adherence to Group Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, and Information Security standards.
- Contributes to the implementation of global operational policy and procedures for investment products. Manage processes to track adherence to these policies.
- Supports the identification and monitoring of BAU problems, managing and implementing changes, as directed, in practice that lead to continuous improvement.
- Supports optimal deployment of best practice for specific areas of responsibility
- Works in line with the Target Operating Models and FIMs where required linked to areas of accountability.
- Ensure Group Standards are in place in all services for specific areas of activity.
- Adheres to Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk
- The investment product business does not operate in isolation and has high dependencies in relation to delivery. Ability to deliver therefore has an inherent challenge of local businesses delivering on global objectives. The role holder contributes towards the development of the strategy and capability that enables RBWM to deliver its strategic goals through creating opportunities and differentiation in the contribution to achieving targets.
- Supporting component parts of the investment products business process to deliver results through the implementation of the group wealth strategy by Group, Region, Priority Countries and International Countries
- Contributes through activity of work to the optimal position between “ruthless standardization” one size fits all versus variances in individual markets / customer requirements.
- Performs a supportive but important role in ensuring an optimal balance between longer term infrastructure investments and business development versus rapid progress with revenue building short term solutions.
- Supports and actively is required to draw together the needs of all relevant stakeholders. Effective stakeholders management skill is key.
- The role holder is directly accountable for ;
- Contributing to the performance of investment product and services business globally including all Group, Region, Priority Countries and International Countries activity.
- The role holder is responsible for contributing towards key revenue areas in the RBWM business through supporting the Investment Products team and the broader Group Wealth team.
- The role supports strategy because it impacts delivery of the group wealth strategic plan.
- The role is global in its design because it supports implementation of investment product and services strategy across Group, Region, Priority Countries and International Countries
- Support an environment where business strategic capability is increased to identify and drive increased revenue generation for RBWM by supporting the undertaking of strategic and operational oversight over aspects such as investment product management.
- Responsibility to support the delivery of a consistent approach globally taking into account local requirements and then any variations in model, maturity and Regulatory and Compliance considerations.
Management of Risk
- Demonstrate leadership on Regulatory & Compliance matters. Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM. Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimising relations with regulators
- 5 years’ experience in asset management or wealth management sector
- International exposure and previous experience with multi geography team environment
- Strong academic credentials with professional accreditations in investments (e.g. UK IMC, CFA) beneficial
- Technical knowledge of investments, asset allocation and fund manager research
- Familiarity with mutual fund industry and trends
- University degree qualified, preferably in a finance or numeric discipline. Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with financial software tools (e.g. Bloomberg, Morningstar, Datastream)
- Skills and Abilities
- Culturally sensitive and understanding of local customer needs
- Highly numerate and financially literate
- Highly effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Must have the potential for further development personally and professionally
- Excellent relationship building and senior stakeholder management skills
- Strong leadership skills coupled with a high and demanding benchmark
- Able to navigate conflicting strategic priorities and decisions
- Able to operate effectively in a complex matrix driven environment
- Able to influence, engage and lead in a positive, inspiring manner
- Meet the requirement of leadership capability level for role including values level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.