Responsible for assisting the Investment Counsellors in the positioning/delivery of investment solutions to clients and prospects of Private Bank, with the primary objectives of
- Support IC on all administrative tasks : CIP/ AIP reports, CRM reports, SQS issues, updating spreadsheets, presentations, finding information on products , mandates etc
- Prepare account reviews and help IC prepare for client meetings
- Preparation for business trips and help IC with follow up after the trip
- Gaining strong and thorough knowledge of the various asset classes and investment products.
- Be an efficient back -up for the IC in their absence ( ie client request for research etc
- Pro-active review/investment proposal to Clients in close co-operation with the IC
- Perform investment initiatives, including preparation of materials for product campaigns, switches, pitch book generation, portfolio optimisations, weekly IC /RM meetings etc
- Follow up on recommendations (limit orders, entry points, executions)
- Advise on corporate actions with advice from the IC
- Learn and understand the basics of asset allocation and portfolio optimization
- Liaise with product specialists i.e for bond and equity lists , research etc
- Execute market orders in Avaloq
- Learn how to analyse portfolios and choose products from our offering
- Keep up to date on the ISPS product offering ( all asset classes) by attending ISPS Sales Meetings
- Maintain a good level of general financial knowledge and asset classes and investment products
- Attend the Monday morning Investment meetings.
Impact on the Business
The analyst role is key in the delivery of investment solutions to our clients. They are client-facing, deal with ISPS specialists, are working very closely with more senior ICs. Impact is investment revenues: annuity fees (mutual funds, discretionary mandates fees, Private Equity fees, Real Estate fees, Hedge Funds fees and advisory fees) and Brokerage and Trading fees (FX spreads, equities, bonds, funds brokerage, SP spreads..).
Customers / Stakeholders
Analysts are part of IC teams and are client facing.
Additional stakeholders: ISPS specialists, RMs, PB functions.
Leadership & Teamwork
IC analysts are team players, as clients get an investment service delivered by a full team (Analysts, IC, specialists).
They can be pro active when it comes to supporting campaign, dealing with trading complicated matters.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Analyst will team up with ICs and ensure all tasks are done according to FIM, DIM and ensure a very high quality of production (client contact, powerpoints, presentations).
Analyst is able to deliver high quality output and is able to deal securely in a complex and highly regulated environment.
- Responsible for providing support to Investment Counsellors (ICs) to service clients. The analyst is a full IC Team member, part of the Front Office of GPB.
- Perform client related tasks such as the organisation of documents for signature of different mandates, prepare investment proposals and portfolio reviews, format and translate slides when necessary, prepare account reviews , take orders from clients and execute trades
- Organise internal meetings, prepare Powerpoint presentations, support ICs in the preparation of client meetings
- Assist to preparing material for trips/ including fund factsheets materials, organising meetings..
- Support campaigns by client identification, eligibility, prepare campaign emails, translate documents, and tracking performance
- Investment initiatives and proactive client work should be limited to Medium and High Touch Advisory mandates.
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Multitasking abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Keen ability to grasp details
- Risk conscious, in particular on the trading side.
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player, high achiever, quick to learn, positive attitude
- Keen sense of urgency, high level of professional and personal integrity
- High capacity to handle stress
- University degree
- CFA or equivalent would be useful
- Fluent in English, other languages useful.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
For more information about the relevant additional checks for this role please contact the hiring manager.
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/’Front to Back’ transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance). The enhanced approvals and vetting would need to be completed before the candidate will be confirmed in the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.