Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Wealth Management Investment Resources produces macro-to-micro research and analysis to help FAs build their practices and manage their clients' portfolios.
- Provide direction on investment strategy
- Publish market related commentary, including investment themes, actionable ideas, and “white papers”
- Design and monitor asset allocation models and single security model portfolios / baskets
- Perform asset manager due diligence (cover ~1,400 total traditional and alternative funds)
- Provide research coverage on Municipals, ETFs, CEFs, and Technical Research
- Partner with Advisors to understand investments and help them manage relationships with clients and close business with prospects; manage field initiatives including road shows, conference calls, summits
The analyst will perform relevant research for portfolio companies and for potential new positions, portfolio analytics, research report writing, marketing initiatives and strategic planning. In addition, the analyst will communicate with the FAs and clients on the models.
The Duties And Responsibilities Of This Position Will Include
- Recommend stock ideas through detailed fundamental analysis and present it via written and oral format.
- Monitor the portfolios and conduct research on existing portfolio holdings including constructing and maintaining financial models.
- Serve in a generalist capacity where companies’ coverage will span sectors and geographies.
- Write investment reports, portfolio change notes, and other portfolio reports.
- Present portfolios to FA’s and clients and respond to FA requests
- Track and analyze portfolio returns and risk metrics.
Position Requirements And Experience
- Possess a passion for investing and equity markets.
- 5-10yrs of experience in the financial markets preferably in equity research. Global equity experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to interface with internal teams and external clients.
- Willingness to learn and work in a small team setting.
- Experience with excel and other financial databases and tools such as Bloomberg, FactSet etc.
- MBA/CFA preferred but not required.
- Appropriate security licenses required or need to be obtained upon hire.