JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
MRQR Time Series Management Team is a group within the Corporate Risk function. It is responsible for Market Risk data control and high level risk analysis. Examples of the group’s work include analysis and review of daily Market data & statistical properties relating to time series. MRQR Time Series Management Team has regular dialogue with Market Risk Management, Market risk quantitative research product specialist and Technology teams across all areas of the bank.
The team is involved in a variety of business projects such as system migration.
- Analyzing Market Data used for Market Risk calculations such as VaR across several asset classes.
- Verifying the above market data to independent sources such as Bloomberg.
- Identifying spurious data and correcting these data points; liaising with Market Risk Coverage/MRQR product specialist for remedial action.
- Partnering with AD to provide requirements for a number of Market Data projects. Perform UAT testing for monthly technology releases.
- Provide recommendation for future best practice controls.
- Suggest and participate in continuous improvements to the process and infrastructure.
- Working with stakeholders such as Market Risk Coverage, MRQR product specialist & Technology teams to ensure the operational control of the process and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Participate in Projects relating to Control issues / enhancements for Market Data Quality Improvement.
- Assist in the production of weekly scorecards distributed to several groups and senior management. In addition work on weekly / monthly enhancements to the various metric packs.
- Running Market data Quality reports, Quarterly Beta review and analyzing the time series for all positions for on boarding into VaR.
- Follow up on LOB Market Risk audit-related issues.
- Impact analysis on VaR/SVAR.
- Good understanding of financial derivatives including Greeks
- Preferred experience in managing a team in the past.
- Professional, self-motivated, and adaptable person who can work effectively under pressure.
- Attention to detail will be key in this role.
- Basic understanding of product knowledge across a range of asset classes – Credit, Rates, Equities, Commodities etc.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, and be able to work in a deadline oriented environment working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to understand business processes and their risk implications, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create and present training materials. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective credible relationships with the business and functional partners.
- Very proficient and experienced in Microsoft Excel, using advanced formulas; Pivot tables; data management and linking to external databases, etc.; ability to build macros and VBA desirable.
- Candidates will need to work in a dynamic development environment. Familiarity with Python and SQL is a plus.
- University graduate in Finance / Math or related discipline preferred.
- Prior experience of a Market Data analysis.
- Ability to analysis a large set of data and analyze trends.
- Experience of using Bloomberg desirable.
- Preferred qualifications CFA/FRM.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.