Service: Financial Advisory
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
Deloitte Financial Advisory is seeking a team member for its Grant and Loan Portfolio Services group. The Senior Analyst will be primarily responsible for performing company, industry, market and competitor research and due diligence in order to assess overall company viability and risk. Specifically, the successful candidate will be able to evaluate a company’s financial, management, market, operational and loan security characteristics in order to formulate a fact-based risk assessment.
The individual will be able to demonstrate the ability to evaluate all quantitative and qualitative aspects of a company, including financial statements and projections, in order to assess its long term viability. Analysts will have an in-depth understanding of relevant financial and operational issues across a broad range of industries.
Seniors In The Grant And Loan Portfolio Services Group Will Be Assigned a Wide Variety Of Projects And Given As Much Responsibility As Their Experience And Capabilities Permit Which May Include The Following Activities
- Perform company, industry, market and competitor research and due diligence using publicly available as well as in-house research tools and processes;
- Analyze company historical financial statements with the ability to identify key financial trends and insights;
- Analyze company financial forecasts with the ability to test for reasonableness based on historical company performance as well as market and peer company trends;
- Work directly with client senior management teams, board members and stakeholders throughout all phases of the due diligence process in order to identify and assess relevant management discussion and analysis (“MD&A”);
- Identify key company and market risks and propose strategies a lender may take to mitigate these risks;
- Create and maintain financial forecast models;
- Conduct commercial lending and/or commercial credit due diligence;
- Track industry, sector and market trends;
- Generate complex tables, graphs and written reports using Microsoft Office;
- Write due diligence reports for clients;
- Manage client inquiries;
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by having strong attention to detail.
External Posting Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as finance, accounting, economics or general business
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (“CFA”) preferred;
- Minimum two years relevant work experience within accounting, banking or financial services demonstrating accounting, financial modeling, and / or analytical skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in analyzing financial statements is required;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, with particularly strong skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time;
- Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time;
- Self-motivated, hardworking and detail-oriented;
- French language skills is an asset, but not required.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.