External Posting Description
The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Transaction Services group is seeking an Analyst, M&A Analytics & Visualization. This role is critical with respect to providing analytically focused Financial due diligence and M&A transaction support to our clients. This individual will play a pivotal role in shaping the visualization capabilities of Deloitte’s M&A teams. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to bridge the gap between visualization and financial analysis expertise.
As an Analyst, M&A Analytics & Visualization you will be required to:
- Quickly develop an understanding of the target business and its drivers
- Perform interpretation and analysis of information memoranda and business plans
- Develop static & interactive data visualizations to communicate business insights to clients
- Build visualizations and supporting analysis of historical trading, quality of earnings, working capital, cash flow, etc.
- Clearly and effectively communicate requirements, timelines and insights to both internal Deloitte team members, as well as clients
- Collaborate extensively with clients and other Deloitte teams
- Liaise with data science and data architecture teams to optimize client data for visualization and analysis
- Manage project timelines and client deliverables effectively
External Posting Qualifications
- Completed undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering with outstanding academic credentials.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably with a focus on Finance/Commerce and exposure to data visualization.
- Finance and/or M&A Transaction Services experience considered an asset
- Strong Knowledge of Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, or other BI tools
- Strong knowledge of SQL, PowerQuery / Power Pivot, or Alteryx an asset
- Ability to ETL client data to facilitate analysis / visualization
- Ability to manage, analyze and present findings from large volumes of data
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis (CPA-CA/CFA an asset)
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Canadian travel required occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
We Do This By Making Three Commitments To Our People
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally.
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted