About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (C&IB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Investor Services combines Financing & Prime Brokerage, Custody & Fund Services, and Clearing, Collateral Management and Execution under a common umbrella. These businesses occupy top-tier competitive positions; the combination provides an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to end capabilities. Investor Services employs more than 14,000 people around the world and generates more than $6 Billion in annual revenue.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services, is a global industry leader with $18 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
The role of Product Development is to partner with the broader team to set the strategic direction of the Traditional Fund Services (TFS) business, develop new products for the business and work with prospects and clients on new services. The ideal candidate is an energetic strategic thinker, with deep knowledge of TFS who can define, develop and deliver market leading products that enhance client satisfaction, support sustainable business growth and deliver positive shareholder value add (SVA). He /she would be expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and a leader within the FS Business.
The candidate should also be resourceful and execution-driven. Strong cross-functional/business collaboration skills are required as the candidate will work across multiple teams within the bank. Proven global exposure, managing programs and people across locations and domains, would be ideal. Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills are a must. Also important are the ability to: synthesize large amounts of information into crisp recommendations; present and defend recommendations to a variety of audiences; manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively.
This role will have a global remit for the Securities, Trades & Pricing (STP) function and a regional remit for EMEA for the Fund Accounting function, within Product Development.
The role will be based in Dublin, but will involve interaction with J.P. Morgan teams across the globe.
Key Responsibilities And Requirements
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead multiple focused teams to build out a hub of excellence within the Traditional Fund Services Product Development organisation, to analyse and implement our roadmap across various functional domains such as securities setup, trade capture, pricing of assets, corporate actions and reconciliations, in order to address strategic product gaps and issues that affect our most important clients globally.
- Shoulder the responsibility of being the Fund Accounting Product Development head for the EMEA region, which requires applying the strategic approach for the Fund Accounting product evolution for the benefit of clients, and for the improvement of operational efficiencies, in the EMEA region.
- Participate in complex change global programs in Fund Services – those with significant scale, complexity & budget
- Lead the definition and implementation of best practices to enable efficient and accurate processing of portfolio data into our clients’ books and records, with the goal of improving our end delivery quality and timeliness
- Work with the global product team to come up with a standard client offering as it pertains to data capture and data accuracy, while enabling maximum client ease of interaction and customisation
- Apply critical thinking to understand requirements; identify, evaluate and propose solutions where necessary developing and supporting sustainable effective processes with appropriate control mechanisms
- Drive requirements gathering, definition and the documentation of requirements to the required quality level
- Construct/Design/Implement and maintain the proper governance structure based upon each individual program challenging the current processes and organization to effect changes that improve profitability/ efficiency, controls and risk reduction
- Drive program work streams across multiple functions areas, including technology and operations at all levels to successful completion. Contribute to the investment by ensuring partners are held accountable and keep development aligned to strategic plan
- Provide verbal and written status updates as required by to support senior management with timely and accurate maintenance and archiving of program artefacts
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and designing innovative solutions to new opportunities to build a scalable, efficient market leading service offering.
- Own the change management process
- Provide senior leadership and thought direction across the Fund Services organization in areas that require forward thinking, risk management, innovation and solving complex problems
- Enable development of junior staff members
- Conduct business process review and implement adequate process controls and checklists
- Actively participate in supporting their colleagues in client pitches, as and when needed, as a TFS expert, and solution for clients leveraging a deep background in fund accounting and / or administration for TFS clients.
The successful candidate will have experience of Fund Accounting with additional depth of understanding of the marketplace, either through working in a similar product development role, or in an operations or client facing role on the servicing side.
The Successful Candidate Will Ideally Have The Following Skills
- Significant relevant industry experience, preferably in the Fund Services business
- In-depth practical understanding of Fund Accounting in onshore and offshore locations – knowledge of various asset classes, trade lifecycle, straight-through processing concepts, fund accounting, security reference data, pricing and reconciliation controls, corporate actions and client nuances.
- Understanding of various technology components such as APIs, XML, and SWIFT, would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of security reference data for various asset classes.
- Knowledge of common industry data sources such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, MarkIT and IDC.
- Ability to understand a diverse and complex technology and operations infrastructure
- Complex OTC Security setup experience a big plus
- Relevant industry qualifications are an advantage (CFA, FRM etc.)
- Ability to devise creative solutions in response to client requests and strategic product goals
- Ability to map proposed product solutions against a diverse and complex technology and operations platform
- Strong analytical skills, able to translate complex issues and other input into actions
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage many tasks at once in a structured manner
- Strong execution skills - the role requires strategic thinking to define and design our service platform – combined with accountability and strong execution skills to drive and implement development.
- Strong team player with an ability to pull together multiple partners in a productive virtual team environment
- Strong independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed mode on multiple assignments
- Ability to self prepare quality materials and present confidently in multiple settings
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Willingness to constructively challenge where required and work collaboratively with partners
- Agility to adapt to a changing environment and demonstrate delivery of critical business goals
- An ability to work in teams distributed across the globe and travel to onshore offices
- Being a self-starter with strong leadership skills
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.