The primary objective of the role is to contribute to the objective of the team to be the 2nd line Global Risk Control function for the US Asset Management Business.
Amongst the more broad risk oversight and challenge responsibilities of the team, the role also involves the use and understanding of investment risk, liquidity risk and counterparty risk information as well as some of the risks associated with the use of derivatives.
Participate in the developing of the tools for measuring investment and liquidity risks, including the stress testing of the same.
The senior role differentiates from the Risk Analyst role by providing support and considered opinion to senior management, participation in the fund board meetings, lead work streams to comply with upcoming US / Global Regulatory proposals and lead discussions with-in the risk management committees and local governance forums on risks managed and facing the business
Impact on the Business
- Ensure that AMUS’s market and investment risk metrics and analyses are fit for purpose and meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that AMUS’s counterparty credit risk metrics are fit for purpose and meet business and regulatory requirements.
- To manage and assess the impact of Regulatory Changes on the AMUS Risk Function. This includes representing the AMUS Risk team at relevant project working groups in relation to regulatory/governance changes.
- Developing and implementing best practice methodologies and processes for evaluating wide variety of fixed income portfolio risks and liquidity.
- Analyze risk models used by the business and support the risk analysis of various investment strategies in use.
- Support the Chief Risk Officer heading up the AMUS Risk team by ensuring all functional documentation is up to date and reviewed.
- Recommend revised procedures to reduce risks and potential client compensation or regulatory sanctions.
- Interact with front office to review portfolio risk, exposures and provide analysis and respond to requests for information.
- Derive increased front office risk awareness through regular challenges and analytical assignment
Customers / Stakeholders
- Heads of functions including but not limited to Risk, Compliance, Product, Operations and Investment team
- Product Working Groups Global Risk Team
- Support and provide risk capability presentations to clients and prospects
- Supports the relationship between AMG and its regulators
Leadership & Teamwork
- Works effectively with Global Risk team and other Group Risk functions.
- Works effectively with AMUS local management.
- Supports AMUS to meet new requirements from Group or regulators.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in monitoring the implementation of risk policies and thresholds in AMUS to ensure risks are consistent with the AMUS’s risk appetite.
- Ensures risk monitoring/oversight is effective
- The team overseesall risks across AMUSso is not just limited to investment and counterparty risk.
- Ensuring all regulatory (and internal) requirements are met
- Diversity and complexity of productsand business supported by different systems and business models
- Ensuring the systems used by Risk are up to date and continue to meet business and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining good working relationships with AMUSfunctional teamswhilst ensuring policies and standards are consistently applied in AMUS
- Providing technical assistancefor the AMUSRisk function
- With the breadth of the Risk Team’s remit and the limited resources available, the role requires strong organisation and influencing skills.
- The jobholder is expected to be well versed inwriting documentation for desk rules, functional instruction manuals, and interpreting regulatory requirements from a risk perspective.
- Close liaison is maintained with the AMG Global Riskteam, Compliance and other functionswithin AMUS.
- The jobholder is expected to work with a level of autonomy in theirtechnical area of expertise and provide clear judgment and directionin a variety of forums and formats.
- Role holder is expected to lead independent evaluation of quantitative and model risk with-in the suite of tools and systems used with-in AMUS.
Management of Risk
- Management of risk is an integral part of the role
Observation of Internal Controls